Monday, March 15, 2010

CAM Speech Delivers at Glenwood

What happens when the right talent is matched with the right piece and the right amount of practice and dedication? You have Angela A. going to All-State Speech in Acting! Congratulations not only on All-State, but also on receiving straight ones in your other category, storytelling.

What a season. My first season as a speech coach, and I couldn’t have had more fun or learned more from these kids. Mrs. Johnson and Ms. Rudolph have been indispensable to my journey. We also have a lot of fun, which always helps!

While I want to bestow my most sincere admiration upon all our competitors – I am so proud of all of you, individually and as a group - , I would like to send out a few extra nods…

…to Hannah A., our freshman representative. Talk about hard work and a willingness to learn and grow! You have three terrific years in speech ahead of you.

…to Paige D., who struggled to balance all of her commitments and talents, battled those nerves, and fought to the finish. It’s moments like those – when you feel beaten by circumstance but you do it anyway – that can define a person. Paige, you conquered!

…to Sawyer, who took on the challenging category of individual improv and gave what I thought was a truly solid and inspired performance at Glenwood. I cannot wait to see what you do next year.

…to Chuck A., who helped coach some of the newer competitors in the art of Radio News and showed me a thing or two about Spontaneous Speaking. You are a natural leader!

…to Mallory D., who scored straight ones in TWO categories, one of which involved an original piece. I suspect she has only begun to scratch the surface of her talent. Next year – watch out! Mallory is on the move…

Thanks again to everyone.

No comments: